Summer is already here and many of us will take vacations. And when we say holidays, we mean accommodation and eating out.
This is an opportunity to take action and make responsible choices for both the restaurant owner and the consumer!
Food & Beverage trends
Recent studies show that the proportion of organic products consumed has doubled in 5 years
- Consumers want to eat healthy food and protect the planet
- Give them the opportunity to do so! And if you’re not sure, test it!
- Choose glass instead of plastic
- Choose drinks in containers of appropriate size when you are in a group
- Refuse the straws
Choose cloth napkins over paper
Ask yourself if a place mat or table mat is really necessary for your restaurant
Integrate and prioritize public transport travel and avoid flying, as well as motorboating, one of the biggest polluters on the planet
Ban single doses for products that you may offer in bulk: sugar, sauces, mayonnaise, ketchup, jams and other spreads, cereals, etc.
- What is the source of this waste? Excess production or plate returns?
- Do you know the different tools in the market that would help you reduce and revalue your food surpluses?
- Answer all these questions and take action with the Sustainable Restaurant Program Ecocook®
As you can see, we can all change our habits and adopt more environmentally friendly behavior.
Ecocook supports restaurateurs in this process and its mission is to:
- Reduce the environmental and social impacts of restaurateurs through personalized consulting and training services
- Recognize sustainable restaurants through certification
- Show consumers who are sustainable restaurants and how sustainable they are through our communication systems and those of our partners
The Ecoccok program provides restaurants the following benefits:
- Improve their operational performance
- Reduce their costs
- Differentiate from the competition and gain visibility
- Promote and guarantee their sustainable good practices
We wish you a great summer and look forward to seeing you after holidays!
#sustainability #sustainablevacations #sustainablerestaurant #sustainablecooking #responsiblerestaurant #commitment #health #environment #ecocook