Beau-Site Foundation‘s production kitchen, Bonnettes, is certified Ecocook Sustainable Restaurant level 3 since July 2019, demonstrating its commitment to sustainable development.
Ecocook® is the only Swiss certification for the catering sector that recognizes the sustainable practices at all operational and management levels. For the customers, Ecocook® is a guarantee of these practices and commitments in terms of sustainability.
The Ecocook team made up of experts in sustainability, certification and communication, has developed the “Ecocook Sustainable Restaurant Certification Program” that allows restaurants to:
- Improve their practices
- Reduce their environmental impacts
- Reduce their operating costs
- Distinguish themselves
Discover below the results of the certification of Bonnettes production kitchen certified Ecocook® Sustainable Restaurant level 3.
The Ecocook® Sustainable Restaurant Certification Program’s online platform provides a global overview of the restaurant’s level of sustainability, at any time, and of each establishment. Above are the scores of Bonnettes kitchen (unit: Ecocookpoints).
As these two graphs indicate, there are still margins for improvement. Nevertheless, Bonnettes production kitchen has obtained the level 3 of certification.
This is because Bonnettes production kitchen is compliant with a very large number of sustainability standards, but there is still some potential for improvement. For example, in terms of cleaning and maintenance products, Bonnettes production kitchen uses certified biodegradable and ecological products, but the part of these could be increased. In practice, this is an approach that needs to be studied because restaurants must respect and achieve strict disinfection and hygiene standards.
Currently very few ecological products can ensure compliance with disinfection standards, in particular. For restaurant owners who could do this, this calculation system would allow them to be recognized.
Food and beverages, Menus and cooking
- Bonnettes production kitchen excludes endangered species and genetically modified organisms.
- The dishes are prepared in a healthy and balanced way according to the criteria of the “Fourchette Verte” label.
- Their menu can be adapted to all diets and specific dietary requirements.
- Their quality and safety management system allows them to minimize the risk of microbiological contamination.
Communication and Social responsibility
- Bonnettes kitchen publishes its sustainability and environmental protection policy with its current actions and its commitments for the future.
- They undertake to implement a plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions produced by transports.
- They promote and respect equity among all their employees.
- They encourage and develop continuous training.
Resources, Products and materials
- They use 100% renewable electricity (Swiss Hydraulics).
- They have a heat recovery system.
- Their lighting is 80% LED.
- Through the Ecocook certification program, they have set up a system to reduce water and energy consumption.
- They use biodegradable and ecological cleaning products up to 48% and they are committed to increasing this share to 65% by 2020.
- They prohibit the use of bleach in their facilities.
- Their equipment does not contain refrigerants (HCFC type).
Waste, Compensation and donations
- Through the Ecocook certification program, they have set up a system to control and reduce the waste generated.
- They recycle organic waste for biogas production.
- They are involved in social assistance projects in different professional fields.
#Ecocook #sustainability #sustainablerestaurant #sustainablechef #homemade #recipe #vegetarian, #withoutlactose #withoutgluten #healthy #localproduct #seasonalproduct #freshproduct #sustainablecooking #allergy #foodintolerance #vegetarianmenu #ecologicalproduct #biodegradable, #sustainablefishing, #organic, #certifiedMSC, #MSC, #resourcemanagement, #zerowaste, #organic