Le Café Enning
Certified EcoCook® Sustainable Restaurant
The Café Enning restaurant, located in Lausanne, has affirmed its commitment to the environment and sustainability with its certification sustainable restaurant EcoCook Level 2, since 2017.
EcoCook® is the only Swiss certification for the catering sector that recognizes the sustainable practices at all operational and management levels. For the customers, EcoCook® is a guarantee of these sustainable practices.
The EcoCook team made up of experts in sustainability, certification and communication, has developed the “EcoCook sustainable restaurant certification program” that allows restaurants to:
- Reduce their environmental impacts
- Reduce their operating costs
- Differentiate oneself
Discover below the certification results and few examples of the commitments of the certified EcoCook® sustainable restaurant Café Enning.
Key: EcoCook’s online platform provides an overview of the level of sustainability, at any time and location. Above the sustainability level of the sustainable certified EcoCook® restaurant Café Enning. (unit: EcoCookpoints).
Food and beverage, Menus and cooking
- The Eco-Chef of the certified EcoCook® sustainable restaurant Café Enning, Valério Volino, propose a menu rifddled with seasonal flavors, and others home made meals, cooked with fresh and various products. A numerous choice of vegetarian meals, lactose free, gluten free meals are also offered.
- Sensitive to the terroir, the certified EcoCook® sustainable restaurant Café Enning uses first Swiss products. For example, all the potatoes served within the restaurant come from the Vaud Canton and are organic. They are delivered by bike by « plateforme bio vd ». Also, 75% of the meats come from the Vaud Region.
- The Delicious ice creams proposed within the restaurant are prepared by “Gea Gelateria Artisanale”, the neighboring shop of the certified EcoCook® sustainable restaurant Café Enning. They are so ultra locals!!
Communication, Social responsibility
- The certified EcoCook® sustainable restaurant Café Enning relies on transparency indicating on all its communication supports the origin and transformation degree products cooked in their kitchen. The part of local, Swiss, organic, seasonal products is also always mentioned.
- Within the restaurant, all collaborators benefit from awareness sessions and courses about good sustainable practices!
- Work-life balance! Within the certified EcoCook® sustainable restaurant Café Enning, daily hours and Sunday days off are fairly distributed, and, as far as possible, according to each collaborator family situation.
Resources, Products and materials
- The certified EcoCook® sustainable restaurant Café Enning commits to the the energy uses’ reduction subscribing for ENERPRICE, a 100% renewable energy, coming from hydraulic power.
- The certified EcoCook® sustainable restaurant Café Enning has opted for LED lighting. Indeed, the part of LED lights represent more than 90% to total amount of the restaurant’s lighting devices. The establishment has also install dimmers and motion detectors for lighting.
- In order to optimize their energy uses, the certified EcoCook® sustainable restaurant Café Enning has furnished its kitchen with induction hobs, which have an excellent energy performance!
Waste, Compensation and donations
- The certified EcoCook® sustainable restaurant Café Enning makes all efforts in the fight against food waste. Tout this end, it monitors a precise stocks inventory, thus warranting an efficient management.
- Recycling and furniture recovery! The furniture and chairs of the certified EcoCook® sustainable restaurant Café Enning are all constituted by recycled materials. Come discover the atypical décor of this sustainable restaurant!
- Waste reduction! The certified EcoCook® sustainable restaurant Café Enning doesn’t serve bottled water, but tap water previously filtered, when its quality allows it.